Jeff Martin brings his first tour as solo artist to Buffalo
By JEFF MIERS
NEWS POP MUSIC CRITIC
Former Tea Party mastermind Jeff Martin kicks off the second leg of his very first tour as a solo artist with a gig here in Buffalo on Thursday, part of this summer’s Thursday at the Square summer concert series.
Martin and his new band – which includes Jimmy Page & Robert Plant drummer Michael Lee, percussionist Ritesh Das of the Toronto Tabla Ensemble and local multi-instrumentalist Nelson Starr – toured Canada a few weeks back, immediately following the release of Martin’s solo debut nod, “Exile and the Kingdom,” a record that deepens the dramatic, technicolor, world-music-infused strains of hard rock that the Tea Party spent more than a decade developing.
Following his Buffalo appearance, Martin will continue on with further Canadian dates – a few of them supporting alt-rock quartet Live – and ultimately end up in Australia, where he’s likely to be greeted as a returning hero – the Tea Party has always been a favorite of the Australian rock cognoscente.
The Thursday at the Square show starts off with a set from Burning Paris at 5 p.m. Admission, as always, is free.
WHO: Jeff Martin with Burning Paris
WHEN: Next Thursday
WHERE: Lafayette Square
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Nelson Starr and The Benjamins
- College St. Gallery
- College Street Gallery
- The Annual ACF Taste of Culinary
- New website
- Christmas Time Is Here
- Anthony Bourdain’s Medium Raw Challenge
- Bourdain finds a ‘masterpiece’ in Buffalo
- ARTVOICE: Reporting from Taste of Buffalo, sodden and sated
- Tony Bourdain and Me …in Buffalo! Segment to air in July on Travel Channel
- “A Buffalo Love Story”, Part 1 of 2
- Western New York is camera ready for Internet audiences [Buffalo News]
- Rock Show @ Nietzsche’s
- All Access Pass in the Buffalo News: UPDATED!!!!